The Renaissance of the creepy survival games
Shinji Mikami, father of the first Resident Evil titles, has returned with the last release for the current generation, the next generation and PC for its download, The Evil Within (or Psychobreak in Japan). According to the game’s creator, this title will return the survival horror genre to where it belongs. The game mixes a little action gameplay with heavy pressure environments, surrounded by enemies much stronger than you, with barely enough equipment to face these creatures.
In this release, we will take control of Sebastian Castellanos, an investigator that arrives at a brutal crime scene in a mental institution. Following the classic genre elements, Mikami has developed an even scarier game which involves both psychological themes and terrifying environments. Investigating this brutal mass murder, you will find a mysterious force that remains in the place, that will force you to surpass all your human fears in order to survive this dangerous journey.
The Evil Within this will return the survival horror genre to where it belongs
To enhance your emotional engagement with the game, the graphical aspect tends to be dark but very detailed. The little light you can find in the different scenarios can be dazzling, creating a real sense of the place, whilst horror lurks, primed to attack at any moment. The game has highly detailed models for both characters, foes and environments that will transport you to the place of primal human fear.
The fear is back to your system
Taking a look to this tittle, The Evil Within may seem similar to other games of the genre, but the moment you take the controller it will send shivers down your spine. The gameplay is presented as the return of the original Resident Evil, leaving the action from its latest release behind. There will be times that the creatures you find will be invincible, so don’t waste your little bullets trying to take them down; just run as fast as possible unless you can set traps to get rid of them.
You will find several nightmare creatures in this title, from simple zombies to one of the scariest foes in this game, the reborn Laura whose limbs are numerous, who will hunt you down using her skills without any doubt. Any of these creatures will be a dangerous enemy in the dark of the night, so you should be ready to avoid unnecessary battles since the foes will be ever-present.
The Evil Within Full Version Features
Check the main features of The Evil Within:
- Join Sebastian Castellanos embarking on a journey to discover hideous story of mass murder, to the root of terror itself
- Highly-crafted and immersive environments with horrifying themes and gruesome elements
- Survival horror gameplay leaving behind most of the action mechanics to enhance the player's difficulty
- Several kinds of traps available for beating the enemies that want to hunt you down throughout different scenes
- Fantastic graphics that truly enhance the pressure of the game with realistic modelling of supernatural creatures
In case you dare to learn more about this release before the download, feel free to check out the official webpage through this link.
Check your computer meets the minimum specifications to run The Evil Within properly:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or later
- Processor: Intel model Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or similar
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, Nvidia GeForce 8800 or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB Free space on disk, plus the download of the file